Installing Oracle on /usr ?

From: <ora7dba_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1999/01/13

Having been an Oracle Administrator in an environment where the filesystem(s) / volumes were already created... I find myself in a new position as both the System Admin and Oracle DBA.

For those working with Sun Solaris or other OS's... where do you typically install Oracle executables? My current/future layout has 3 9gig (6) drives in an array (D1000, for the OS, swap and archives) and 6-4gig (12) drives in an array (A1000)...

What are your thoughts/recommendations as to where the Oracle executables / installation should be? On one of the 3-9gig drives and in which directory or does it matter--mount my own. Maybe even on the 6-4gig drives that will obviously have the datafiles and indexes created on them... ?

Thanks!

-Mike

ora7dba_at_yahoo.com

http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Wed Jan 13 1999 - 00:00:00 CET