Re: Progress 4GL in association with Function Point Analysis????

From: Ng K C Paul <paulkcng_at_news.netvigator.com>
Date: 1999/01/05

What do you mean by misusage of FPA? Any example? What better methodoogy can be used to replace FPA?

John Cai (john.cai_at_eds.com) wrote:
: > I'm busy to write a thesis subject. I investigate the feasibility of
: > the Function Point Analysis ( FPA) in association with the Progress
: > 4GL V7/8.
: Be very careful about the applicability of FPA to the kinds of development.
: I've seen lots of misusage of FPA.
: > I'm curious to hear if there is anybody who has experience with using
: > this method. In fact I have three questions:
: > What are the experiences with using this method in assiociation with
: > Progress 4GL V7/8 ?
: In theory, the same method is for any language. The only difference is 4GL
: gives higher productivity over 3GL in certain kinds of development. You
: need to get a benchmark for applying FPA to Progress 4GL.
: > Where can I find some documentation about this subject?
 There is a few web sites. Mostly, mainframe or alike people talk about it.
: > Who has ideas or remark which can help to complete this investigation?
: Develop a better methodology to replace FPA (in its original sense).
:
: John Cai
: