Re: problems with Croatian characters

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: 1998/12/30

On 30 Dec 1998 11:52:47 GMT, "Mirana" <miranak_at_zesoi.fer.hr> wrote:

>I have some problems with support for Croatian language in Personal Oracle7
>for
>Windows95.
>I set parameter NLS_LANG in Regedit to CROATIAN_CROATIA.8MSWIN1250, the
>windows 95 language is set to Croatian, as well as keyboard, but I still
>can not get Croatian letters in database.
>
>If anyone can give me a hint to solve this problem, I would appreciate it.
>Thanks and happy holidays!!!!

Mirana,

Piotr allready mentioned you specified invalid characterset in NLS_LANG setting, although I think this was just a typo in your message, because with such NLS_LANG entry in your registry you wouldn't be able to start your database.

More probably, your database (default instalation?) was created with different characterset. Check what your database characterset is with:

SELECT * FROM sys.nls_database_parameters WHERE PARAMETER = 'NLS_CHARACTERSET'; It should reported EE8MSWIN1250 or EE8ISO8859P2 if you wan't to be able to store Croatian characters, otherwise you should recreate your database with one of this two charactersets.

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Dec 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message