database creation

From: Burke Blackman <bblackm2_at_csc.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 16:26:56 -0500

I recently re-installed Personal Oracle on my PC. The installation automatically creates a starter database. I created another init.ora file and successfully created another database by using the STARTUP NOMOUNT PFILE='new_init.ora_file'. I can connect to the database fine, but there are no objects in SYS's account, and therefore I cannot create the data dictionary views from the catalog.sql file because there are no tables to create views from. I reviewed all the sql files but couldn't find anything that created the data dictionary tables. Is there a file that I can run to do this, or is Oracle supposed to automatically create the data dictionary tables upon the create database command?

B.B. Received on Mon Dec 28 1998 - 22:26:56 CET

Original text of this message