i have a problem with servlets and oracle

From: dj claux <djclaux_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 16:35:07 -0000

--
email: djclaux_at_hotmail.pt

Hi!
Please help me with this...
I am trying to use servlets to make a more dynamic html pages.
My servlets try to connect to a Oracle 8.

So i have a java class that trys to  conecct to the data base,
and i get this error:

java.sql.SQLException: Refused:ROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))

the main code of this class is:

(...)
Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:_at_machine:1521:DB1","system","m anager");
(...)
and i dont know why this does not work!!! I have installed in the machine only the ORACLE 8 Enterprise Edition v8.0.5.0.0 for ms windows nt Note: the database name is DB1, and it was imported sucessfully from a acess DB with the Oracle migration assistent for ms acess!!! what can be wrong? note: there is no firewall problem with that machine