Oracle query analysis tools ???

From: Steve Sherman <sherman9_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 09:33:03 -0500

I used to use a product from HP called "Intelligent Warehouse". This product (among other things) would provide statistics on queries that were run against the Oracle database. It would record the time the query started, ended, list all tables selected all columns selected, it would list what columns were selected v.s. what columns were "group by". It would also capture the userid that executed the query.

Since this was not the primary use of "Intelligent Warehouse", that specific tool is not applicable to the environment I am in now - However, I would like to find a tool to handle the functionallity I explained above.

I need this tool to be a "perminent monitor". That is to say, I am not looking to trace a query gone bad or anything. I am looking to provide on-going management reports on our database usage, as well as to aide in on-going database design decisions.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

  • steve