Inserting with a script using SQLTalk and SQLPlus

From: Niels de Koning <ndkNO_at_SPAMbart.nl>
Date: 1998/12/17

Hi all!

I am working on an application that has to support SQLBase and Oracle(7) natively.
Now I need to create a script that can be executed with SQLTalk (for the SQLBase version)
and SQLPlus (for Oracle). The script don't _have_ to be the same, but it is preferred.

SQLTalk accepts the following format for the statement, but SQLPlus doesn't:

INSERT INTO SYSADM.MODELTRANSIT
  ( MODELTRANSITNR,MODELNR,MODELEVENTNR,MODELSTATEFROM,MODELSTATETO )   VALUES ( :1, :2, :3, :4, :5 )
\

$DATATYPES NUMERIC,NUMERIC,NUMERIC,NUMERIC,NUMERIC

1,1,8,,5,
2,1,9,,11,
4,1,11,,2,

/

Here comes my first question: Is it possible to insert multiple rows at once in a script that has to
be executed with SQLPlus?

My second question has to do with LONG data: This statement handles an insert of long data in SQLTalk. How can I do the same in SQLPlus
NOTE: I isn't really needed to insert multiple rows at once....

INSERT INTO SYSADM.MODEL
  (
MODELNR,MODELID,DESCRIPTION,CREATEDATE,CREATENR,EDITDATE,EDITNR,MODELSTATE,COMPILEDMODEL )
  VALUES ( :1, :2, :3, :4, :5, :6, :7, :8, :9 )
\

$DATATYPES
NUMERIC,CHARACTER,CHARACTER,DATETIME,NUMERIC,DATETIME,NUMERIC,NUMERIC,CHARACTER 1,"System Model","","",,"",,2,$long,
1::16::16::3::11::16::4::_at_@::14::1::10021003011004011005011006011007011~~

1110901111001110D0100::4::110A110F0100::_at_@::~ //

I would appreciate any help or pointers you can give me.

Thanks in advance,
  Niels de Koning Received on Thu Dec 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message