Help: Starting NT services and instance doesnt open database

From: <rubec.tom_at_mit-it.com>
Date: 17 Dec 1998 16:01:54 GMT

Hi
I have a problem with my oracle 8 instance on my NT server. When i start the ORACLESTART(SID) and ORACLESERVICE(SID) they both appear to start but my database does no open. I have to go into svrmgr30 and start it manually every time. I have tried recreating the instance with oradim80 to no avail. I tried deleting the instance with oradim before recreating it and that didnt work either.
Strangely enough when i created a new instance using the exact same syntax with oradim80, the new instance works correctly when i starft the services.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
tom Received on Thu Dec 17 1998 - 17:01:54 CET

Original text of this message