Re: Running Pro*C applications as CGI scripts...

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 1998/12/13

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998 8:53:51 +0100, Ben Parrish wrote (in message <3670cf60.0_at_news1.uswest.net>):

> I'm trying to run some CGI scripts built with the Pro*C Oracle precompiler,
> and I've run into two problems, one minor, one not quite so minor, and I'm
 snip
> Problem 1: If the programs are compiled with shared libraries, they fail,
> since at the time Apache fires off the script, no "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" is set
> to anything.
>
> Problem 2: The script works fine from a command line, but when run as a CGI
> script, it fails at the point it tries to connect to the server. The
> rather suspect error message I get is:
 snip
> Thanks for any help.
Did you set your oracle settings in the environment (. oraenv) ? Make sure things like ORACLE_SID are known and PATH includes your $ORACLE_HOME/bin. I can imagine the apache server is not using oracle normally so I suspect that account does not have the correct settings to do so.

I hope this helps.

--
Ronald  -  Unix SA
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/professional.html