Data Architect / DBA - Permanent Opportunity, Boston Area

From: Bob Lada <blada_at_mitidata.com>
Date: 1998/12/10

Data Architect / DBA - Permanent Opportunity, Boston Area MITI is a fast growing direct marketing company in suburban Boston which works with tables of > 100 million rows. We’re currently using Sybase SQL Server and Sybase IQ, but don’t know whether this technology can support our projected increase in sales. We’re looking for a person to first optimize our Sybase environment, and then select and implement a database strategy for the second half of 1999 and beyond. We want to at least look at Oracle and Informix as potential solutions, plus whatever the successful candidate recommends.
SKILLS NEEDED
*Data Modeling
*System Architecture
*Sufficient Sybase DBA skills to address performance tuning *Accessing
Sybase through CT-lib, whether in C or Sybperl would be nice. This is a senior position, and compensation will be commensurate with experience. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time and we cannot subcontract this position.
Please send replies to blada_at_mitidata.com. Thanks.
RLL Received on Thu Dec 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message