Re: Shutdown

From: Thomas Pall <tpall_at_bga.com>
Date: 1998/12/06

This might become a problem if there are jobs running. Why not shutdown immediate? It takes the database to the same consistent state, with all dirty buffers written out to the datafiles, the SCNs consistent, transactions in progress rolled back.

Diego Pafumi (dpafumi_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:
: Hi gurus !!!
: I have a question. I have to shutdown my database, but sometimes some
: machines are connected. I want to do a "normal" shutdown. So the
: question is: How can I kill the users connected to my database????
: I saw in the v$session that there are users connected from more than 5
: days, so I want to kill their session.

: Thanks in advance and sorry about my English !!!

: Diego