Re: Crystal Reports, Oracle 8, Stored Procedures

From: Brent Langdon <blangdon_at_nospam.sequeltech.com>
Date: 1998/11/25

Frances Lancaster wrote:
> I'm working with CRW 6.0, Oracle 8.0.5. And I cannot create a report
> and assign a stored procedure to it. I have set up the stored procedure
> to return a cursor variable, exactly as described in the CRW web
> knowledge base (and the cursor does produce results using dbms_output).
> I get the following error messages:
>
> 1- ODBC Error [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle] Syntax error or access
> violation,
> 2- SCR: Database Error - There are no fields in the file: "procedure
> name",
> 3 - File Integrity error

I am pretty sure that Crystal Reports does not support calling Oracle stored procedures through ODBC. You have to set up your report to use the native libraries. When you create a report, rather than selecting SQL/ODBC, choose Oracle. For more information, search the CR KB using "oracle stored procedure" (no quotes).

Brent Langdon, Software Engineer
Sequel Technology, http://www.sequeltech.com (remove "nospam" to reply directly) Received on Wed Nov 25 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message