Error: ORA-12505 TNS:....

From: EDV-ORG Gruber+Weber <gruber-weber_at_gruber-weber.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:00:18 -0000

Hi !
Can somebody help us with following problem: we get this error:
ORA - 12505 TNS: Listener couldn't solve to Connectiondescriptor (Orgin error message was in German)
We try to get a connection via SQLNET to a Oracle_DB 7.2.2 This error appears after we've shut down DB and Unix-server and always started the Listener.Ora job. But it seems that this is not enough ???
Our suspect is the system is missing a job that supports the connection between the
database and the client.
Thanks for your help. Received on Fri Nov 20 1998 - 13:00:18 CET

Original text of this message