SYSTEM user not in SYSTEM tablespace

From: Anne-Marie Ternes <anne-marie.ternes_at_cie.etat.lu>
Date: 1998/11/19

Hi all,

I have discovered a somewhat strange fact in our database (Oracle 7.3.3 on SUN Solaris).
Indeed, the SYSTEM user has as "default tablespace" the setting TOOLS, i.e. the TOOLS tablespace.

I have no idea how this came to be, but I wondered, can I change the tablespace back to SYSTEM tablespace?
Are there any risks? Could it disturb the functioning of the database?

I know very well that playing with the SYSTEM tablespace can be perilous, that's why I would like to have your advice.

Thank you very much for any suggestions or warnings ;-)

Anne-Marie Ternes
CIE, Luxembourg Received on Thu Nov 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message