Re: export to tape

From: Jorge Meirim <transparente_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: 1998/11/18

Hi,
The export/import is not recommended (can be done) to do an upgrade. Do a full offline backup. (I mean shutdown the db and copy the files. Files are the one that are stated in sys.sysfiles before shutdown. Don't forget initSID.ora and Control Files and password file if there is one).DO A SYSTEM BACKUP. CHECK YOUR BACKUPS.
Responding to you question there is a clause necessary to do an export for tape. It's "volsize=size_of_your_tape_file" and "file=/dev/etc"

Jorge Meirim

Programming escreveu na mensagem <36532619.6076_at_mb.sympatico.ca>...