Re: I'm new, some questions.

From: DMITRIYEV ANDREY <op8qc_at_qcunix1.acc.qc.edu>
Date: 18 Nov 1998 22:13:56 GMT

Kano Ako (kanoako_at_lsol.net) wrote:
: took me through starting up an SQL screen (I take it that screen is an SQL
: interpreter, correct?). Do I need to know SQL commands to add, retrieve,

It's called SQLPLUS :)

: delete and to in general work with records? Is that what, for example, MS
: Access does automating the SQL when adding, retrieving, deleting and in
: general working with records?

Yes. Access does it automatically. Oracle isn't really meant for personal use. You can still port Access to Oracle through ODBC drivers.

: Also do you know of any good Oracle/SQL resources on the WWW?

technet.oracle.com :)?

--
Andrey Dmitriev				www.qc.edu/~op8qc