I'm new, some questions.

From: Kano Ako <kanoako_at_lsol.net>
Date: 17 Nov 1998 00:19:48 GMT

Greetings Oracle Fan!

I'm new to the Oracle database product and have obtained a personal version of Oracle for my study.

I have Oracle set up on my system and have gotten past the security setup measures and have messed around with table modification. In that modified table I was going to look at adding some records to the database (one of the demo databases that came with the package) and I noticed that my instructions took me through starting up an SQL screen (I take it that screen is an SQL interpreter, correct?). Do I need to know SQL commands to add, retrieve, delete and to in general work with records? Is that what, for example, MS Access does automating the SQL when adding, retrieving, deleting and in general working with records?

Also do you know of any good Oracle/SQL resources on the WWW?

Thanks

FROM:  Kano Ako
HOME:  kanoako_at_lsol.net
HTTP:  mamaya na!

Magignat kayong lahat ang sabi ni KanoAko! (KanoAko says take care all).

Protect the First Amendment! Oppose Campaign Finance Reform! Write to <a href="mailto:russell_feingold_at_feingold.senate.gov"> Russel Feingold</a> ( russell_feingold_at_feingold.senate.gov ) and tell him to oppose Campaign Finance Reform! Received on Tue Nov 17 1998 - 01:19:48 CET

Original text of this message