Re: install ORACLE8

From: Thomas Pall <tpall_at_bga.com>
Date: 1998/11/13

There are complaints about migration. Exp/imp is a good idea. There are all sorts of ways to pipe an export into split, pipe the pieces back into import.

Programming (sysdev_at_mb.sympatico.ca) wrote:
: What is the preferred method to set up ORACLE8? We have a brand new
: machine and want to set it up with ORACLE8. We are currently running
: 7.2.3. Is it better to install both versions on the new machine, restore
: a tape backup to the 7.2.3 d/b and then use the migration utility or
: just install v8 on the new machine and use exp/imp to load it. One
: problem is that our current version of AIX only allows file sizes of 2G
: and one of the tables involved is about 2.5G in size. Also, I would
: assume that the exp/imp route would be quite time consuming. Any
: sugestions would be greatly appreciated.