Please Help: Maximum number of processes exceed

From: Rene <rene_at_webhost.co.za>
Date: 1998/11/05

Hi there,

I hope someone can help with this one.

If you can, please reply to: rene_at_webhost.co.za

SCENARIO:

  • Sun Solaris 2.5.1 running Oracle 8.0.4 on a UltraSparc 5
  • Web-based Oracle application developed using PL/SQL procedures

PROBLEM:

I know this is probabley VERY easy to fix, but I simply don't know where of what setting to change to make this problem go away. I am not sure if it's a UNIX setting of processes, or an Oracle setting that needs to be changed.

I am able to duplicate the problem by opening up around 40-50 telnet session and then opening each with SQL*PLUS. At some point I obviously then get this error.

For what it's worth, the following is a setting in the /etc/system-file: ulimit unlimited

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
rene_at_webhost.co.za Received on Thu Nov 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message