Active Server Page connection to Oracle db...?

From: Richard Daigle <rdaigle_at_clariion.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 13:15:49 -0500

I'm trying to connect to one of our remote Oracle 7.3 databases via Active Server pages. I've installed and configured the DSN correctly, and have tested it successfully with Oracle's ODBC test utility.

When my ASP file encounters the line Conn.Execute "dsn_name","user","pwd" in my program, the IIS4.0 server crashes. Using an MS-Access DSN within the same program works fine.

Any thoughts, comments, or advice GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

~Richard (losing his mind in Massachusetts) Received on Wed Nov 04 1998 - 19:15:49 CET

Original text of this message