ODBC connection failing between Oracle and MS Access

From: B.W. (Brian) Shumka <"B.W.>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 19:43:23 GMT

Just recently our Basis people switched how the databases were connected to the network. It is now routed through a 'switch' (their term, not mine). I was advised to changed the HOST= from the old server name to the new switch name. It started to pull errors. Oracle had documented to try changing the HOST= to reflect the IP address and I tried this and got an ORA12203. I suspect that I have to do some smoke and mirrors with my connect string, but was wonder if any one else had run across this situation and had a quick solution.

I look forward to any response .... Brian Received on Sat Oct 24 1998 - 21:43:23 CEST

Original text of this message