Re: Database Transformer Puzzle in Rel 2.1 of Designer 2000

From: Valery A. Sorokin <vsorokin_at_dd.ru>
Date: 1998/10/20

Hi Nicholas,

I'm sorry. You mean ':' as manadatory and '|' as optional in your diagram in your previous message!

I saw crosses at the top of the crowfoots, but I always think about dotted lines as about optional relationship :) I mean '|' as mandatory, not ':'.

I just tested this situation in my Des2k 2.1.1 with Entity A and Entity C some minutes ago. Table C created without surrogate primary key column. With only one mandatory foreign key column as a primary key.

Can you archive, export and send me your small test application? I'll try to help you.

Good Luck.
Valery