Re: bad performance

From: Adrian Hands <AHands_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 19:10:27 -0400

Sbaiz wrote:

> I'm using Oracle 7.3 on Unix 4.0B platform with 512Mb RAM.
>
> I perform the follow select for SQLPlus:

You didn't reference any columns in table "ORANIZATION...", so I assume you're trying to limit the customers returned to just those in that table (otherwise, get that table out of your select)...

Do an "EXPLAIN PLAN" to make sure you're using a index on CUSTOMERS (by CUSTOMER_ID) and not a "full table scan". You'll probably have to do a full table scan on your ORGANIZATION table, but presumably it's smaller than the former.

If you're looking for the kind of speed you'd get from VSAM or dbm files, forget it - it's not going to happen. Received on Sun Oct 18 1998 - 01:10:27 CEST

Original text of this message