Async I/O on HP/UX 10

From: Mike <freemanm_at_remove-this.accuread.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 16:24:55 GMT

We are running Oracle 7.3.3 on HP9000 HP/UX 10.20 and are having I/O problems.

We are hoping to try to use the Oracle Initialisation file paramaters USE_ASYNC_IO or DB_WRITERS to help the situation, there are howerver two concerns:

  1. What is available within HP/UX to facilitate this, is async I/O available by default or must it be enabled in the kernel, if so which paramaters are involved?
  2. Which of the above Oracle paramaters should provide the best solution?

Any info on the above, async I/O or I/o performance in general would be very helpful.

Many Thanks

P.S. to reply by post please remove the words remove-this from the email address. Received on Wed Oct 14 1998 - 18:24:55 CEST

Original text of this message