Re: how do i configure host string on developer/2000

From: Andreas Doerler <adoerler_at_acm.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 22:42:17 GMT

In article <6vhf1t$t6v$1_at_news.mozcom.com>, "Bernard So Kua" <bsokua_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>how do i configure host string on developer/2000.
>i want to run a local database on my pc but i dont
>know how to configure it. everytime i try to
>connect, my dialup screen pops out..i dont think
>there is still a need for me to use my dial up
>because im running a local database on my pc.
>thank you very much. pls help.

you can configure a local loopback access to your local oracle instance. then you can configure host string (blank) [refers to local database] to this connection by inserting the registry setting

/hkey local machine/software/oracle
Local=<your connection to local database>

  <ad> Received on Fri Oct 09 1998 - 00:42:17 CEST

Original text of this message