My boss wants documentation

From: Collin Bennett <collin_bennett_at_sheriff.org>
Date: 1998/09/29

We have a Sequent box here at our office. I have been taking care of it for more than a year. The way I have been doing backup and recovery, is by using the dump and restore commands. So with them I have written some backup scripts.

Now my boss wants me to show someone how the backup is done, who doesn't know anything thing about Unix.

My problem is, how do I show someone, who doesn't understand Unix, how to go about doing a backup?

This server also have a Oracle database, which you have to backup the archive logs. Received on Tue Sep 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message