Re: IMPORTing

From: Ewa M. <knowaczNoSpam_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 01:03:29 -0400

Ienaris wrote:

> I've got an EXCEL 97 worksheet with all user names in the
> organization and I would like to import them into a USER
> table. Would appreciate any assistance as to how I could go about
> doing this. Any tools that are available in Oracle ??
>
> Pls mail to <valigean_at_post1.com>

Hello,
I would suggest to copy the Excel file into text document ex. delimited with TAB and then use the Oracle database loader - this comes with your Oracle package I assume. It depends what kind of Oracle setup you have but when you will install the administrator options, it should appear as one option on the toolbar.
To do the upload into Oracle you will need two files: your data file (above) and the control file that will specify which table are you going to update on your Oracle server.
If you will need more details you may email me. HTH
Greetings,
Ewa
email: knowacz_at_usa.net Received on Sun Sep 27 1998 - 07:03:29 CEST

Original text of this message