Re: Row Level Locking

From: Goetz Graefe <goetzg_at_microsoft.com>
Date: 1998/09/24

The solution to your problem is not row-level locking. Locking has to do with correct execution of concurrent accesses. Your issue is about security and permissions. You might want to set up views, e.g., "select * from <table> where Mgr-id= 5", and then give manager "5" access only to that view but not to the entire table.

Goetz Graefe