Re: sql vs oracle

From: RobertSimmons <abpitg_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1998/09/18

Hello,

        MS SQL Server 6.5 is very capable of supporting the system you described. For over a year, I supported a OLTP 6.5 system with 20 gb db and over 400 concurrent users on a Compact 5000 4x200 with no problems. If I had to choose a UNIX platform, I 'd choose Sybase because the learning curve from MSSQL to Sybase is minimal - 99.9% of the SQL code is portable. And besides, Oracle is not the better UNIX RDBMS when compared to Sybase ASE 11.5.1 ( or, just released today, ASE 11.9.2 which support row level, page and table locking )

I work with MSSQL, Sybase AND Oracle and this is my opinion.

Please not flames. It's my opinion.

Robert
abpitg_at_ibm.net