Re: Getting this error with Oracle 8

From: Jason Lee <jason.lee_at_hnet.moh.bc.ca>
Date: 1998/09/15

zhrem_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> In article <35DE51BD.42FA3858_at_centtel.com>,
> lpgao_at_cheerful.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Anybody knows what are the default username, password, database or server(ces)
> > name when first start Oracle dev200 after installed?
> > I can not use some components of dev2000 because I was always asked to enter
 there
> > stuff. But how can I know them? even Oracle documents never mention it.
> > what benefits and features are if they can not be started?
> >

> For security reason, Oracle uses user names and passwords. database is where
> you can connect and process data.
>
> Ask your DBA for a user name /password and a database name you can use.
>
> J.Z. Zhang
> Oracle Certified DBA
> E-mail: ccev20_at_nus.edu.sg

I am having a similar problem.

I installed PO8 on my Win95 machine along with Designer 2000. When using SQL Plus 8.0 I am able to log onto the PO8 database, but, I am unable to do so with SQL Plus 3.3 or Designer 2000. However, I am able to access a remote database (Oracle 7.3) via all three methods (SQL Plus 8, 3.3 and Designer). Why can't I access my local PO8 database with Designer 2000? (I've tried configuring SQL*Net and NET8 to no avail).

Thanks in advance, Received on Tue Sep 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message