Last call: What knowledge is most useful to you

From: Tim Lethbridge <tcl_at_site.uottawa.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 18:42:53 -0400

To all software developers and software managers,

I am seeking a few more people to complete a survey. It can be found the following URL and takes 30 minutes to complete:

   http://www.cser.ca/CSSESurvey/CSSESurvey1998.html

The survey will help us understand:

  • What software topics you leanred about in your education (if any)
  • What you have learned on the job
  • What you have found to be most useful to your job

The results of the survey wil help in the development of curricula and training programs.

Thank-you if you have already participated. We have had quite a few responses, but we need more people who are involved in MIS systems, data processing, financial systems, banking, administrative systems, government etc. to balance out those who are involved in real-time systems (of which we have plenty).

All data will be treated confidentially.

The survey is being run in conjunction with the Consortium for Software Engineering Research (www.cser.ca) and with researchers in several universities in the USA and UK. The 1998 survey builds on experience with the 1997 survey whose results were enthusiastically received in industry and academia (copies are available on request).

Thank-you very much for participating.

(Sorry if you have read this message more than once)

Dr. Timothy C. Lethbridge

Timothy C. Lethbridge, | Assistant Professor / Professeur adjoint http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~tcl | tcl_at_site.uottawa.ca/T.Lethbridge_at_ieee.ca SITE: School of Information Technology and Engineering

University of/d'Ottawa          | W/B: 613 562-5800 x6685
Ottawa, Canada, K1N 6N5         | Fax: 613 562-5187  H/M: 613 237-6642