Blobs (JPEG images) and Pro*C/C++ (Oracle 8)

From: <jani.lehtinen_at_ccc.fi>
Date: 1998/09/14

Is there a possibility of accessing image blobs from Pro*C embedded SQL without using the OCI interface? How do I refer to the blobs and store data into them?

I need to store small images (20-50 kb each) into the database from within the C++ code. The images will be received via an IP socket and they will not be stored in separate files at any stage, only into the database.

We also have a license for the Oracle 8 Image cartridge, if it helps.

The environment:

  • Oracle 8.0.3.0 with Pro*C and the Image cartridge
  • MS Visual C++ 5.0

Lots of thanks in advance for any advice at all,

Jani Lehtinen,
jani.lehtinen_at_ccc.fi