Re: Oracle VS Sybase VS SQL Server

From: Ahmed <ahmed.dahdouh_at_mns.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1998/09/11

There are many ways to answer this question:

In terms of maintenance: I have found Sybase a little bit easier than Oracle but Oracle has many more ways of doing things.

Salability, integration, reliability: no real difference.

Market domination: Oracle dominates the market - hence may be a safer bet. Also more Oracle skilled people to

                                        choose from in the market.

Costs:                            similar