Connecting to ORACLE via RDO in VB5

From: Splezunk <Splezunk_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 16:44:48 -0400

Hi there,

I seem to have a problem trying to connect to a Oracle Database using the RDO 2.0 objects in VB5 (sp3).

I am able to connect to the Oracle Database (7.3) using SQL*Plus 3.3. The Network Protocol being used is TCP/IP. There are no DSN names set up in the ODBC setup. I am trying to connect to the Database, and have been looking in the documentation for a DSNless connection. Of course, M$ being who they are mention Oracle, but give no information on the connection, or Keywords to use.

I am pretty new to the RDO, as I have been mainly using the ODBC API's to do the stuff.

Any help would be Appreciated.

Thanks in Advance. Received on Thu Sep 03 1998 - 22:44:48 CEST

Original text of this message