Oracle 8 client crashes Windows 95

From: Piero Tintori <ptintori_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 19:35:17 GMT

Oracle 8 server is installed on NT 4 server. I have installed Oracle 8 client (8.0.4.0.0) on two windows 95 machines. The first has all the latest patches and service packs and the second is pretty much a test machine.

When ever I try to log into the server from the patched machine (via Enterprise Manager or any other program) the Windows 95 program crashes. It does not allow me to access the server in any form at all. I have tried all the various Oracle programs and each one crashes following entering the Username & password details.

I then installed the client on the second bare machine and everything works perfectly.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Could you CC: with any possible solutions to ptintori_at_yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,

Piero Tintori Received on Tue Sep 01 1998 - 21:35:17 CEST

Original text of this message