Re: Which Database?

From: Tim Albion <tima_at_glentel.com>
Date: 1998/08/27

Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_news.hex.net> wrote in article <6s2ga9$qqr$20_at_blue.hex.net>...

Thanks for the in-depth suggestion Chris.

> The preferable communications method would involve some form of fixed
> link. If not much data needs to be serviced, this might only need to
> involve a telephone link to the central office. Or perhaps something
> faster such as ISDN or Frame Relay.
It's actually this link that I'm concerned with. The long distance costs of a fixed link to Head Office is what made us think of using the internet. If each store could make a local call to an ISP and the HO server is attached to the Net then we should have no long distance charges.

Your description of the firewalls involved would still apply and have given me
some useful points to consider.

Thanks again.

Tim Received on Thu Aug 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message