Re: Oracle beginner - create users

From: Christopher Beck <clbeck_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:00:54 GMT

On 27 Aug 1998 19:09:38 GMT, pch_at_pinnacle. (Paul Chang) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am just a Oracle beginner with sybase background.
>
>I've created a Oracle database server for my group.
>
>Now I need to create users for my group members to access and create all objects of their own, including create table,index,view,stored proc,triggers,etc from sqlplus
>either local or remote.
>
>What kind of permissions/privileges I need to give to all my users in
>"create user" statement?
>
>As far as I know, those
>should cover create session,create table,create index...
>
>Can somebody provide a standard "create user" statement including
>proper permission?

try:

SQL> grant connect, resource to <USER_NAME> identified by <PASSWORD>;

This will create the user <USER_NAME> and grant them connect and resource. Connect and resource short cuts for the following:

CONNECT - This short cut is equivalent to specifying the   CREATE SESSION system privilege.

RESOURCE - This short cut is equivalent to specifying the

           following system privileges:
  ALTER SESSION
  CREATE CLUSTER
  CREATE DATABASE LINK