Application accessing both Oracle and Ingres

From: Norman Woo <nwoo_at_NTPSERVER>
Date: 27 Aug 1998 16:50:07 GMT

Hi folks

We are porting our application from Ingres to Oracle (From Ingres embedded SQL to Oracle Pro*C). However, we still need to access another database which remains in the Ingres world. Is it possible to have both access? I believe we need to just parition the code so that the Ingres pre-compiler will look after the ESQL/C stuff and the Oracle pre-compiler will look after the Pro*C code. In the code, we will need to determine when to switch to the right database for the queries. Right?

Thanks in advance

Norman Woo - Managing Consultant (Technical Advisor MTWO/PIR)
The CGI Group Inc                      e-mail: norman.woo_at_bellsygma.com
Montreal, Quebec, Canada               514-391-3510