Re: Which Database?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: 1998/08/26

Hi Tim,

    Let me confuse the issue by suggesting that you have your stores access one central database using a web server application. I think (but must admit to not being absolutely certain) that you could get a $20-$25 per month internet account for each store and your home office. Then using Java, ASP or whatever write a web server app that will permit your stores to access your database.

    Doing so would require only one copy of the data base and will allow you to use an industrial strength data base rather than Access. (My personal preference is for Oracle, but there is no reason why you couldn't use DB2, Informix, or Sybase -- or even SQL Server.)

regards

Jerry

Tim Albion wrote in message <01bdd046$b7485160$88190404_at_tima>...
>LMLinson <lmlinson_at_aol.com> wrote in article

contents snipped Received on Wed Aug 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message