Re: Which rows broke my constraint?

From: John Gallet <john_at_gnofn.org>
Date: 25 Aug 1998 13:33:44 GMT

> I want to know if Oracle keeps the RowID's or something

Hi there,
This is how I insert a new row, but it is microp time consumming and a coding pain... but will give you the answer:

  1. I open a cursor to query the table where I want to add a row.
  2. I use the %FOUND built in function to check whether I can or not. In here, If you include the ROWID in your SELECT definig the cursor, you'll get it, BTW.

3:I close the cursor (as %FOUND MUST be used with an open cursor)

4: I do what I have to about the table, depending on the result of the previous test.

Of course, it is far from 100% reliable, as somebody else can be fidgetting with that table too, but depending on what you are doing can give you a fairly good idea of what's going on.

HTH,
john gallet Received on Tue Aug 25 1998 - 15:33:44 CEST

Original text of this message