Locking records when using VB5/RDO/Oracle 7.3?

From: Alastair Cameron <alastair.cameron_at_cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 00:19:02 +0100

Trying to use the rdConcurLock parameter when opening a result set using a parameterised RDO query object from VB5.

I don't seem to be getting the record lock, but I'm not getting an error either.

Has anybody done this successfully?

One possibility is to use the "SELECT FOR UPDATE" syntax and get Oracle to explicitly lock the record.

I am not familiar with the syntax of this command. Can somebody help.

Also, when I am finished writing to the record from VB, how do I unlock the record that I have the lock over...what is the Oracle SQL to do this?

Thanks.

--
Alastair Cameron
alastair.cameron_at_cableinet.co.uk