Oracle OCI and XA interface.

From: Denis Ulyanov <dulyanov_at_objectconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:23:09 -0700

Hi!
I am trying to write OCI application which uses XA transactions with Oracle 8.0.4 under Solaris.
I took demoxa.c as an example - it worked fine until I tried to use multiple threads.
Now my applications looks as following:

In each thread I have:

  • xa_open()
  • get/create XID
  • begin transaction
  • some time-consuming SELECTs
  • end transaction
  • xa_close() I have just two threads. All works fine if SELECTs from first thread run uninterrupted, but if they mixed with SELECTs from second thread - I got an error XAER_PROTO ("routine invoked in an improper context") then I tried to execute xa_close in the end of second thread.

Any help/suggestion will be appretiated. Denis. Received on Tue Aug 18 1998 - 19:23:09 CEST

Original text of this message