SQLNet 2.x connections remain after being killed

From: Jim Harrington <harringj_at_jaguar.ccia.com>
Date: 14 Aug 1998 13:10:49 GMT

Hello all,

We had a bug in our system (since fixed) that would open and loose Oracle connections. We can see the long idle sessions in the Instance Manager and can 'Kill' them there.

I've read that the connections want to remain around until they can deliver the disconnect message to whoever held them. Unfortunately, it our case there isn't anyone using the connection that was killed, so it stays in the 'Killed' state indefinately.

I know that you can set an idle time limit on user connections, but by default this is set to UNLIMITED by Oracle, so I want to test against this setting.

The question is, how do I not only 'Kill' but make these zombie connections go away ?

Thanks,

   Jim Harrington

PS: If you reply via email, please use jharring_at_signalnet.com which is my work mail address. Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 15:10:49 CEST

Original text of this message