Re: Sybase to Oracle Migration

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: 1998/08/12

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:02:52 -0500, Frank Tiemann <frankt_at_wfg-nojunk.com> wrote:
>We are considering moving from Sybase to Oracle. However, we have a fairly
>large
>sized server (70+ GB), and the data is grouped logically in multiple
>databases within
>the Sybase server. My understanding is that Oracle does not allow more than
>one
>database per instance, is that correct? Would I then have to move all these

Well, the definition of database is different. What you call database is probably what we call schema.

>tables
>(well over 1000) into one database?

You might want to use the partitioning option.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest or
Pebble In The Sky http://www.informationquest.com mailto:jgarry_at_nospameiq.com