re: trying to find API

From: James Black (CS) <"James>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 11:51:32 -0400

Hello,
  I am having to write a client-server app (I will write the server and client) to connect to an Oracle DB, and I was wondering where I would find the API and the documentation for it, as I don't care to do embedded SQL, as it would be inefficient (I believe), due to the dynamic nature of not even knowing all the fields I will be retrieving.

  I am doing this is C, under Solaris 2.6, and we have an Oracle CD for Oracle7 (I am trying to find out if the other DB is Oracle 7 or 8 right now). Should it be on the CD somewhere?

  Thanx.

James Black (Comp Sci/Elec Eng senior)
e-mail: black_at_eng.usf.edu http://www.eng.usf.edu/~black/index.html "An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." Oscar Wilde