Career help - experts please advise

From: cm <cbm_bkr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 00:10:41 GMT

I would like to ask a couple of question about DBA'a and Oracle development. I would like to begin a new career in the database field. I am currently not employed in the IT field. I love computers, have set up many db's in my job and am currently researching avenues into doing this fulltime. My question to you is were would one go to get training in Oracle that would be viewed as meaningful to employers? Would this type of training be enough to get one's foot in the door? Are there truly jobs going begging in this field? Do companies consider entry-level candidates with only academic experience? If not, how would one go about getting that experience (i.e the ol' catch 22)? Would Unix training also be important to have coupled with Oracle?

Thanks in advance,
chris Received on Mon Jul 27 1998 - 02:10:41 CEST

Original text of this message