Re: Can I fire a trigger on the connect event?

From: Ulf Magnusson <ulf.magnusson_at_briunix.kiedt.ericsson.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:14:30 +0200

Hello !

We have done like this :

  1. Create a role with password that have all necessary privileges for your application.
  2. Store the password encrypted in a table.
  3. Grant SELECT to that table to all users or public.
  4. When the user start the application and are connected successfully the application retrieve the password for the role and execute the command 'SET ROLE r_some_role IDENTIFIED BY password;' without notifications to the user.

Hope this helps you
/Ulf