Re: (0)RDBMS for free text indexing

From: <grigory_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/07/16

I worked with Sybase SDS for free text search based on Verity Search97 engine. Actualy, we started as beta-testers last fall and now this project is in production. Sybase's solution is simple (in design and to implement), reliable (it's based on 3 tested and matured products: ASE, OmniConnect (as part of ASE) and Verity Search97), performed extremely well and open for customizations (complete Verity feature set is available). I am not sure what level of integration Informix, Oracle and IBM provide with their solutions, but Sybase gives clear framework what to expect from their SDS. Verity search engine is in no way integrated with the ASE's query optimizer, for example.

 If you have more questions you can reach me at my email: grigoryMAS_at_NOWHEREworldnet.att.net
please remove MAS and NOWHERE from email address

Grigory