Re: Can ORACLE triggers talk to non-RDB processes?

From: Rod Corderey <Lane_Associates_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:01:45 +0100

hi Bart,

have a look at DBMS_ALERT and DBMS_PIPE packages.

If your GUI is an Oracle Forms process then a combination of WHEN_TIMER_EXPIRED trigger and DBMS_ALERT calls would enable you to poll for an occurrence at suitable time intervals.

If you need immediate notification you may have to consider a combination of DBMS_PIPE notifying a sleeping process.

All depends on your platform, interfaces, available tools and notification turnaround needs.

Hope it's helpful

regards

Rod Corderey

Lane Associates