IMP command compatible?

From: ll <ll_at_ll_at_..ll>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 18:37:50 +0200

I am trying to IMPort to a Personal Oracle 7 database an EXPorted file fom a Unix Oracle Database. Both are oracle 7.2 databases. Yet when importing i see the error
IMP-00010: not a valid export file, header failed verification

Making a test export from the database and comparing the headers there are slight differences in the headers:
our Unix Export placed a V07.02.03 in the header (and bytes 03 00 1F on the first 3 positions in the file) and the Export program from the personal Oracle version placed V07.02.02 in the header. (And Hex editting the header to make it look like the header from the EXP program from Personal Oracle Generated LOTS of errors.
do i have a problem there? Is my Personal Oracle only version 7.2.2? If so is there a way to upgrade?
Is there an IMP program for 7.2.3?

reply-to:
peter_lips_at_hotmail.com Received on Fri Jul 10 1998 - 18:37:50 CEST

Original text of this message